ST. John's Sunday Worship Services
Because of the Pandemic Restrictions, Sanctuary Worship Services are Currently "Zoom Only"
We are returning to "In-Service Worship" August 1st.
PLEASE JOIN US for Our ON-LINE ZOOM SERVICES
SUNDAYS @ 10:15 a.m.
Tune in at 9:45 a.m. for our Musical Preludes
To join the meeting(worship) in person, copy and paste this URL into your browser:
The Meeting ID is 593 764 538
There is also a phone in option:
1(646)558-8656 or 1(312)626-6799
Then enter the Meeting ID 593 764 538
A NOTE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF CONSISTORY
Consistory is pleased to announce that we will return to in-person worship on Sunday, August 1. As mentioned previously, we will also provide quality audio and video via ZOOM for those who wish to continue using that medium.
A safe in-person worship will be quite different than our pre-pandemic traditions. Consistory plans to implement the following modifications:
1. A hand sanitizer will be placed in the narthex for your use.
2. Seating will be every other pew and confined to the two ends of each pew.
3. No bulletins will be provided as all the information will appear on the screen for the convenience of the in-person and ZOOM participants.
4. No collection will be taken by the elders. Instead, collection plates will be placed on the table in the narthex for your convenience.
5. There will be no choir initially as we do not have choir in the summer. A resumption of a choir will be determined by the comfort level of the congregation and the willingness of choir members to participate in that setting.
6. There will be no coffee time after the service.
7. There will be no communion even though August 1 is the first Sunday of the month. Consistory is still evaluating the different methods of having a safe communion experience September 5.
Now for the most problematic issue – masks. We recognize that many of you are no longer wearing masks in your ventures out of the house. Consistory asks that you please be cognizant of the average age of our members. We kindly ask that you wear a mask if you are not fully vaccinated or have been in the company of unvaccinated individuals (you could be a carrier without symptoms) or if you have children who are not vaccinated. Please consider everyone’s safety, especially in light of the Delta variant that is more easily transmitted than the original COVID-19 strain. Very recent information suggests that this variant may yet be severe enough to reverse the current trend to lower numbers of cases. If this happens, Consistory will revisit the modifications identified above.
We are eager to return to in-person worship, but to do so safely. Please assist our efforts by faithfully accepting the changes identified above.
Robert C. Ziegenfus, Ph.D.
President of Consistory
© 2020 St. John's UCC of Kutztown